Sunday, April 20, 2008

Let the cookie testing begin!


I purchased Martha Stewart's Cookies on Friday. I don't think I've ever purchased any of Martha's books before. Magazines, yes. Special issues, yes. But never a book. All of her recipes are on her site and many on shows, so I've never felt the need. But I really liked how they organized the new book and figured it was worth the less-than $15 (at Costco) for an organized book of yumminess. The index has full-color photos of every cookie, broken down in categories (such as "Soft and Chewy" - my personal favorite, and "Crumbly and Sandy" - my least favorite), along with a nice color photo of every single recipe in the book. After flipping through it, I decided that no matter how much I perceived to love or hate the cookie, I was going to set out to make each of these recipes. So I decided while setting out to try and test all of these cookies - many I would never of even think of making - that I might as well document it all. This might take a few years, and I want to remember where it all started.

No comments: