Friday, May 16, 2008

Butterscotch-Cashew Blondies - Page 277

I've been dying to use the Heath Toffee Bits I bought a couple of weeks ago from AmazonFresh and had to find a recipe to use them in. Unfortunately there were only two to choose from (I was dreaming of loads of toffee recipes), this one and Brown-Butter Toffee Blondies. Both Blondies (which I had never made) and both with nuts in them (I'm not a fan of nuts in my sweets). This one won however, because it had cashews instead of walnuts and butterscotch chips!

These were beyond easy to make, but once again I needed to adjust the cooking time down a bit (they must like really browned cookies over there at MSLO). I took them to our friends' BBQ and most were gobbled up quickly. These blondies look like cake but and sound like brownies, but they really do have the texture of a light and chewy cookie - just thicker. The consistency was much nicer than I expected and I liked them more than I thought I would. I did bump up the butterscotch chips and toffee bits a little bit and put in a little less cashews than it called for (being that I don't do nuts in my sweets). The flavor was light and honestly I could have handled more toffee and scotchie flavor - I'll have to add more next time. But, overall, I can honestly say that I like blondies. Who knew.

FLAVOR:


TEXTURE:

No comments: